Well, I have procrastinated over the seeding stitch and done it so well that the next step has been released, so the bug now has legs. I am really enjoying this piece. Need to get the Guild crewel work piece onto the frame and get this month's stitching done....
Friday, 27 February 2015
Monday, 16 February 2015
Tonight 8 members of the embroidery Guild I belong too will be starting a new project - The Jacobean Leaf Sampler from Royal School of Needlework Embroidery Techniques book. This project will be stitch over many months with a sections instructions being given each month in hope all members keep up and complete the project. So I have spent the last couple of days transferring the design for everyone. Ended up using the traditional prick and pounce technique.
Friday, 13 February 2015
Sunday, 1 February 2015
This quilt was started at the beginning of the new year and was going to be a joint project be myself and my sister as a wall quilt for her room at work.
But seeing as I don't play well with others where sewing machines are concerned I took the project and completed it. It has been waiting for about 2 weeks to have the hanging sleeve attched and now it is finally completed and can hang in its new home